I was having a tough time installing Google Drive. When the setup was run, it gave an error message saying Google Update Installation failed, with error 0X80004002. This error is very common & occurs while installing Google products, like Chrome, Drive.
I tried to search for the solution but in vain. So I took a seemingly daring way, to solve this problem, and guess what...it worked!!!
Though this seems to be a crude way, it worked for me:
1. I Uninstalled all the Google related softwares from my PC, like Chrome, GTalk, Google Earth, Picasa.
2. Then open Run, and type regedit. This opens the Registry Editor.
3. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the side bar.
4. Browse Software, and look for Google.
5. Right Click, and select DELETE.
6. Now close the Registry Editor, and try to install the Google related application again.
Had a tough time while reinstalling all my other Google applications though!!
Please contribute, if you have any better solution!!
For me, it worked...hope it works for you!!
You can Contact Me for further assistance.