The below tutorial gives the detailed steps for doing just the same.
The advantage of this method is that, as in the normal rooting, there is no yellow triangle that appears on your booting screen.
Make sure you have following things in place:
- This guide is for Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 (international version) only. I have not tried this out on any other version
- Take a backup of whatever you can...ie contacts, messages etc. You may not be able to take a system backup, as this requires rooted phone
- Ensure that the phone has atleast 85% battery charge
But first thing first:
Disclaimer: The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. I will not be held liable if the device is damaged during the installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
This thing hardly takes about 5-10 minutes:
1. SU-BB-Installer.zip(download it from the download box alongside)
2. Clockwork Recovery Mod
And here are the steps:
- Place both the files in SD card and boot the phone in recovery mode. To do this, power off your phone & then long press the Volume down + Power + Home buttons simultaneously
- You would now be in the stock recovery mode. Now select 'Apply Update from External Storage' and then navigate to the 'SU-BB-Installer.zip' file, and select it using the Power button. Select Yes in the next step...This would now root your phone
- Once done, again navigate back to the home screen of the stock recovery, and select 'Apply Update from External Storage'....this time, select the Clockwork Recovery Mod file
- This would now replace your stock recovery by the Clockwork Recovery Mod
- You can now play around with the various options available in the CWM, like taking a Nandroid backup
- Now, reboot your phone
- In the list of your applications, you would now see a 'Super User' App. If you are able to see this app...congrats!!... your phone is successfully rooted!
Now, if you wish to unroot your phone, all you need to do is flash the official Jelly Bean Rom using Odin, and there would be no traces, to prove that your phone was ever rooted!!